Open position – Optics Designer
FocalSpec is looking for an Optics Designer with a strong background in optical sensors or optical materials and proficiency in Zemax to strengthen the company’s R&D optical design capabilities.
Optics Designer will be responsible for designing optical systems for FocalSpec sensors and optical inspection systems.
The job is located at the company headquarters in Oulu but occasionally it is possible to work at our Espoo office.
Duties and responsibilities
- Designing optical systems with specific characteristics to fit within specified physical limits of precision optical instruments
- Determining specifications for operational optical performance
- Determining proper operation of an optical system and designing adjustments
- Co-operating with the hardware engineering team to design optomechanical components
- Designing inspection instruments to test optical systems for defects such as aberrations and deviations
- Co-operating with electrical and mechanical engineering staff to develop the overall design of an optical system
- Optical design documents for FocalSpec Line Confocal Sensors including lens specification and manufacturing documents with tolerance analysis
Qualifications and skills needed
- BSc in Optics, Physics, Engineering or similar required, an advanced degree preferred
- A strong background in optical sensors or optical materials required
- Direct experience in architecture and design of complex optical and optomechanical systems desired
- Optical design experience with proficiency in Zemax optical simulation software strongly preferred
- 5-10 years of directly related hands-on experience may offset degree requirements
- Good communication and team working skills
Please submit your application and CV in English by sending them to firstname.lastname@example.org latest by 10 June 2019. For further information about the position, please contact CTO Karri Niemelä, 040 5908874, email@example.com.