Optical inspection system for tube, rod, and cable surface roughness
The FocalSpec MP900 is a non-contact inline surface roughness measurement system specifically designed for cable, tube, and rod extrusion. Using the MP900 enables manufacturers to improve their product quality and increase the production volume.
DOES YOUR EXTRUSION PROCESS ALWAYS MAINTAIN THE DEFINED SURFACE ROUGHNESS LEVEL? IF NOT, CONTACT US FOR FREE CONSULTATION.Yes, I want a free consultation
Why use the MP900 for surface roughness measurement?
With the MP900, it is possible to attain a constant high quality of extruded cables or tubes without affecting manufacturing line speed. In addition, the MP900 can be used as an efficient tool for the optimizing extrusion process.
A large amount of surface roughness data produced by real-time measurement is used to analyze the extrusion process and to learn how different process parameters and materials affect the process output.
Benefits of measuring surface roughness with the MP900
- Optimize the cable, tube, or rod extrusion process
- Improve cable, tube, or rod surface quality
- Detect deviations and changes in the extrusion process in real time
- Cut the need for manual product sampling and quality control checks
- Provide reliable quality data without manual measurement and recording errors
- Generate automated quality reports on entire cable, tube or rod extrusion batches
- Reduce waste and rejects
- Cut claims and boost customer satisfaction
Key features of the MP900
- Automated and continuous inline measurement method for surface roughness
- Suitable for various extruded products including coated or uncoated cables, plastic tubes and rods made of metal, plastic, or glass
- First-rate performance for all surface types including dark, matte, glossy, and transparent surfaces
- Fast and easy to install in new or existing extrusion lines
- Provides measurements with laboratory-level precision
- System success is proven at line speeds of up to 150m/min
- Direct support for surface roughness ISO standards