Non-contact inspection system for web, sheet, and film surface roughness
The FocalSpec MP9000 is an optical inspection system surface designed for web, sheet, and film surface roughness.
Owing to the capabilities of the Line Confocal Sensor installed in the system, measurement works perfectly for any material including plastics, metal, and paper. It detects all surface types and materials, even glossy, mirror-like, and transparent multilayered surfaces.
Using the surface roughness measurement system MP9000
The MP9000 containing a Line Confocal Sensor is installed over an extruder’s film rolling unit. FocalSpec roughness measurement software is used for data collection and analysis.
The MP9000 generates automated quality reports and statistics on the surface roughness characteristics of entire production batches. The quality reports can be sent to the customer before shipping the batch.
Benefits of using the MP9000
- Improve product surface quality
- Optimize film, sheet, or web extrusion process
- Get immediate notification of abnormal process changes
- Detect deviations and changes by continuous, automated monitoring
- Reduce time and labor needed for manual product sampling and quality control checks
- Provide reliable results without manual measurement and recording errors
- Automatically generate quality reports on entire batches automatically
- Reduce claims, waste, and rejects