ON-LINE SURFACE ROUGHNESS MEASUREMENT
On-line surface roughness is monitored to improve various aspects of product quality such as look and feel, or to optimize various stages of the product manufacturing process such as extrusion.
The accurate measurement of surface roughness directly on production lines has previously been practically impossible.
Watch the full video on measuring on-line surface roughness with the MP9000 and MP900.
Cannot see the Youtube video? Watch the video here.
OUR SOLUTION FOR MEASURING ON-LINE SURFACE ROUGHNESS
FocalSpec’s unique solution for on-line surface roughness measurement allows manufacturers to attain a constant high quality without affecting manufacturing line speed.
The FocalSpec MicroProfiler MP9000 and the FocalSpec MicroProfiler MP900 are designed for automated, non-contact surface roughness analysis and on-line process control and deliver laboratory accuracy. Both systems utilize FocalSpec’s unique, patented measurement technology, Line Confocal Imaging (LCI).
- MP9000 for webs, films and sheets
- MP900 for cables, tubes and wires
- Automated and continuous on-line measurement of surface roughness and detection of deviations
- Optical non-contact LCI measurement method
- Fast and easy to use
- Laboratory-level accuracy
- The system success is proven at line speeds up to 150m/min
- Suitable for plastic, metal, glass or any other material
- First-rate performance for all surface types including dark, matte, glossy and transparent surfaces
- Direct support for surface roughness ISO standards
Do you think FocalSpec MicroProfiler might be solution for your company? Fill in the information form and we will contact you for further discussions.Contact me for more information
- Enabling instant detection of process changes and abnormal variation
- Reducing time and labor needed for manual product sampling and quality control checks
- Providing reliable results without manual measurement and recording errors
- Generating quality reports of entire batches automatically
- Improving product surface quality, reducing claims, waste and rejects
ON-LINE SURFACE ROUGHNESS MEASUREMENT ON PLASTIC, METAL AND TRANSPARENT SURFACES
LCI technology works for plastic, metal, glass or any other material and all surface types including dark, matte, glossy and transparent surfaces. Calibration is not required for different surface materials.
The solution offers first-rate suitability for extrusion lines, moving webs (metal, paper, plastics etc.) as well as parts machining. Application examples include plastic cables and tubes, strips and films as well as metal parts.
LCI solutions perform well in practical manufacturing environments. Systems are robust, shock and vibration resistant and maintenance free. Integration to production lines and processes is easy. LCI measurement heads are not sensitive to measurement direction – the surface roughness profile can be reliably measured, e.g., both perpendicular or parallel to the material flow.
The MP900 and MP9000 automatically generate quality reports and statistics of the roughness characteristics of entire production batches. An automatically generated quality report can be sent to the customer, e.g., in pdf format before shipping the batch.